Every two years the Australian Asphalt Pavement Association (AAPA) hosts it’s international flexible pavements conference and exhibition.
The next conference announced today will be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre from the 16-18th of August, 2021.
The title of the conference will be “Roads going full circle” with key themes around sustainability and asset management.
In a statement AAPA said the title refers to the need for the infrastructure sector to become circular and incentivise circular economy solutions to respond to the challenges of climate change, carbon emissions and decrease of natural resources.
The four key themes for the conference will be;
- Sustainable Future Pavements
- Trends in the Bitumen and Asphalt industry – development and Innovation
- New Technologies/Continual Improvement
- Retaining Asset Value
Following the success of the 2019 conference and exhibition, AAPA members are advised to save the date and keep an eye out for more updates.
- AAPA opens EOI for IKT 2020
- A year in review: AAPA CEO
- AAPA: international flexible pavements 2019 conference and exhibition