Expressions of Interest are open to design and build the bulk of the Gippsland Line Upgrade, Shepparton Line Upgrade, and Bendigo Line Upgrade.
According to a Victoria Big Build spokesperson, packaging these projects together will allow the most capable and experienced construction companies in Victoria to compete for the multi-million-dollar package of works.
Construction on the Gippsland-Shepparton-Bendigo package of works is targeted for completion in 2022, subject to planning and environmental approvals.
Gippsland Line Upgrade
- Building a new rail bridge over the Avon River in Stratford.
- Station upgrades with second platforms at Bunyip, Longwarry, Morwell and Traralgon stations.
- Track duplication between Bunyip and Longwarry.
- 1.5-kilometre extension of the Morwell crossing loop.
- Level crossing detection upgrades between Pakenham and Traralgon.
- Signalling upgrades.
- Building a larger train stabling facility at or near Traralgon
- Drainage structure upgrades along the line.
Shepparton Line Upgrade
- Platform extensions at Mooroopna, Murchison East and Nagambie stations.
- Crossing loop extension near Murchison East.
- Upgrades to 59 level crossings between Donnybrook and Shepparton.
- New stabling to house VLocity trains.
- Signalling and track upgrades to enable trains to travel at up to 130km/h.
Bendigo and Echuca Line Upgrade
- Track upgrades to increase the maximum train speed between Epsom and Echuca from 80km/h to 130km/h.
- Signalling upgrades from Bendigo to Epsom and Eaglehawk.
- Level crossing modifications between Epsom and Echuca.
- EOI open for Inland Rail Public Private Partnership
- VIC Govt proposes biggest transport project in Australian history
- Governments sign off on Melbourne Airport Rail Link