With works underway on many level crossing removals across the state of Victoria, projects on the following train lines have been classified as essential:
- Hurstbridge line
- Frankston line
- Pakenham line
- Cranbourne line
- Werribee line
- Upfield line
- Craigieburn line
- Lilydale line
- Ballarat line
A small number of level crossing removals were deemed non-essential and work was paused on these projects on Monday 10th August 2020.
The Level Crossing Removal Project is continuing to work remotely on its projects in the planning and development phase.
To continue working through Stage Four restrictions site safety measures have been increased to help stop the spread of the coronavirus.
Some measures implemented by the Level Crossing Removal Project teams include:
- reducing the number of workers on-site to support directions from the Chief Health Officer
- making sure all construction sites have strict COVIDSafe Plans in place
- ensuring workers are wearing face coverings (unless they meet any of the criteria for an exception such as a medical condition or for OH&S guidelines)
- physical distancing measures
- increased hygiene practices.
We know many people are working remotely, for a free home subscription to Roads & Infrastructure click here.