A $70 million agreement has landed between the Federal Government and the Central Coast Council. This will allow 29 Urban Congestion Fund projects to get underway across the region.
Federal Minister for Population, Cities and Urban Infrastructure Alan Tudge has signed the funding agreement for the package with $33.3 million of funding now set to flow immediately for the first set of projects.
The majority of the projects funded will commence and be completed in 2020. The remaining projects in the package will be completed in 2021 or early 2022.
Federal Member for Robertson Lucy Wicks said she was pleased to have the Central Coast Council on board so that a rolling program of construction can begin from early next year.
“Over the next few years, there will be a steady pipeline of road projects going out the door, underpinning construction jobs, saving lives on our roads and saving travel times,” Ms. Wicks said.
Central Coast Council Mayor Lisa Matthews said she was pleased to see the Federal Government deliver on its election promise for the Central Coast.
“This funding is very welcome for the coast and hopefully just the start of more great collaboration between all levels on government to improve our 2200-kilometre road network,” Ms. Matthews said.
The Central Coast package includes:
- Albert Warner Drive Renewal, Warnervale
- Bayview Avenue Renewal, The Entrance
- Craigie Avenue Renewal, Kanwal
- Cresthaven Avenue Renewal, Bateau Bay
- Del Monte Place Upgrade, Copacabana
- Everglades Catchment, Umina Beach Drainage Upgrade
- Fravent Street Renewal, Toukley
- Gem Road Upgrade, Pearl Beach
- Glenrock Parade Upgrade, Tascott
- Hibbard Street Renewal, Canton Beach
- Kerry Crescent Renewal, Berkeley Vale
- Lushington Road Upgrade, East Gosford
- Maidens Brush Road Renewal, Wyoming
- Mutu Street Upgrade, Woy Woy
- Oleander Street Renewal, Noraville
- Racecourse Road Renewal, West Gosford
- Rawson Road and Ocean Beach Road Intersection Upgrade
- Richardson Road Renewal, San Remo
- Ridgway Road Upgrade, Avoca Beach
- Shelly Beach Road Upgrade, Empire Bay
- Shirley Street Renewal, Ourimbah
- Springfield Road Renewal, Springfield
- Springwood Street Upgrade, Blackwall
- St Huberts Island Bridge Upgrade
- Steyne Road Upgrade, Saratoga
- Sturt Street Renewal, Killarney Vale
- The Corso Renewal, Gorokan
- Tuggerawong Road Renewal, Tuggerawong
- Woodbury Park Drive Renewal, Mardi