The Women in Industry Awards, like many others, has been held online in 2020. As always the awards look to celebrate the outstanding success and industry work women do in traditionally male-dominated industrial markets.
This year the all female judging panel included:
- Kelly Godeau, Director Corporate Affairs – Advanced Manufacturing Growth Centre
- Kylie Fahey, Chief Executive Officer – Institute of Quarrying Australia
- Christine Gibbs-Stewart, Chief Executive Officer – Austmine
- Melissa Donald, Board Director – National Association of Women in Operations
- Angela Gaylard, Head of Operations – Tradeswomen Australia Foundation
- Hayley Rohrlach, Chair – National Committee for Women in Engineering
- Denis Robertson, Founder – Roadmaster Haulage
After much deliberation the judges have chosen the Women in Industry Award winners for 2020.
The 2020 Women in Industry awards winners are as follows:
Social Leader of the Year: Jackie Lewis-Gray – BAE Systems Australia
Rising Star of the Year: Alicia Heskett – Shell Australia (QGC)
Business Development Success of the Year: Rachael Ashfield – ifm efector
Industry Advocacy Award: Rose Read – National Waste & Recycling Industry Council
Safety Advocacy Award: Nadine Youssef – Sydney Trains
Mentor of the Year: Dayle Stevens – AGL Energy
Excellence in Manufacturing: Rochelle Avinu – Leica Biosystems
Excellence in Mining: Sarah Withell – Whitehaven Coal Limited
Excellence in Engineering: Elizabeth Taylor – RedR International
Excellence in Transport: Melissa Strong – Lindsay Australia Limited
We know many people are working remotely, for a free home subscription to Roads & Infrastructure click here.